Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I have grown up in the Alberta Child Welfare system

Customer Question
(Government services) and they really...
I have grown up in the Alberta Child Welfare system (Government services) and they really screwed around with my life. to the degree where I was led to believe and even temporarily had mental health issues and it goes on. after 18 I said I didn't want any help from them because of their lack of help as a child and growing up. I got on adult social assistance for about a year and then I went to ask them for more help. which they did. my first intention was to get a lawyer but I didn't have a mind for this kind of thing, due to past life. I didn't know how to. I ended up having two cheques coming in daily from two different governments. I should have had an education and a life and a job where I didn't have to do any of this if it wasn't for the child system. I owe the government money (36.000) that should be rightfully mine. life isn't easy I know and understand that but I want to take them to court please and I want to get money from them. I am now fighting physical problems due to all of this chaos and have no way to get my financial needs met. please help me get a lawyer! will this be a good case?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
11/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear all of this.

Why do you owe the government $36,000 (in their view)?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!