Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

Do grandparents have rights if one of the parents will not…

Customer Question
Do grandparents have rights...

Do grandparents have rights if one of the parents will not allow them to see the children

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?

No not yet. We didn't know if we had any rights to start proceeding.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

We are not in the states we are in Canada. Sorry for your time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The mother of my grandchildren keep saying they are not my sons everytime they fight. He is living with her at the moment an has 2 children with this women. She does not want us a part of the kids and is very verbally abusive towards all the children. She has 2 other kids by 2 other fathers

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
11/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is your son not going to allow you to see the children?

How old are they?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!