Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I called CAS on Wednesday to report a form of abuse

Customer Question
I called CAS on...

I called CAS on Wednesday to report a form of abuse concerning my grandkids that are in temporary custody. I refuse to speak with the worker due to conflict of personality. I stated that I would speak to a team member. I didn't share my report and waited for a callback. Unfortunately at the time I had my grandkids around me and couldn't speak. I informed her that I would go in the next day

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I didn't finish my explaining myself and I live in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Are you still able to assist me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
10/1/2017
Family Lawyer: ulysses101, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
ulysses101
ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

I gather that you're in Ontario if you're dealing with the Children's Aid Society.

What's going on? You didn't get to finish your question I see. Don't use details that can identify you.

Oh my gosh.... I have been typing forever and apparently I sent 2 questions the same. Find the super huge one that has all the details in a nutshell for the past 4 years. So you need to find that long response that I sent cuz I won't be happy and you definitely can refund me.
Signed not happy at this moment

I'm not seeing your other thread. I'm not a site employee, so I don't have access to your account.

If you like, find it and then copy and paste it here in reply to me.

Or if another expert is working on your other thread, that's fine too.

How would you like to proceed?

I did send it, just get me out of this whole thing and refund my money, plus I don't want anything to do with you guys anymore cuz I could have been working on my stuff.
Signed
What the hell
I meant tried of texting this same question, so I'll try to really condense it.Are you guys for real, your making me choose what type of law I want!!! Aren't you listening to me!! Why should I choose, you should know and I'm for Canada, Guelph Ontario. Let's get it together!
Tried to make a report to CAS on Wednesday, but refuse to speak with the worker. Conflict of personality. Intake worker got back later, could not talk, grandchildren with me. I informed them that I would come the next day and speak with a intake worker. Could not make it and called around 2:00 and by that take the supervisor got word of me calling and asked the receptionist to ask me some questions. Which I answered. I was then informed that I was to contact her. In the meantime Kelly (worker) visited the person's to whom I was placing a report of negligence and emotional harm. But still I had not made a report, so I don't know what she could have said to the except a warning for the report. Which I say is unethical and unprofessional. The person called me a stated that he was going to court on Monday and putting a motion to not let me see the children, but I'm not worried about that. Kelly just opened Pandora's box and I'm ready to spew 4 years of shit. She has just recently commited upteen amounts of infractions against all of the Mission Statements, against my grandkids (twins that are 8 and my daughter that CAS got involved with. She has (the worker) made false accusations and has lied on her affidavit. Kelly has done grave Injustice that can be backed up with evidence. Anyways I got on the phone immediately when I received that call from him, but first texting him my 2 main concerns at the time, I have nothing to hide. The point here is that I had not yet made a report. I informed the supervisor of this and told her how unprofessional and has no idea if ethics cuz she has on numerous times breached that. I did not tell her my report at that time and have not yet cuz I informed her that I was going to get legal advice which she said that she understood, ya maybe, just playing the nice guy for now??? I can't explain how many infractions cuz there are too many. Where do I go from here? Have I said enough, for you to understand? Its a very delicate sensitive matter because my grandkids are punished for sharing their feelings. In a letter that I have already prepared a month ago which I informed the supervisor of and stated that I would be handing in with the rest of the info that was concerning for the we'll being of the kids. I did state ironically ask Kelly not to just spill the beans but to be very professional and sensitive about this issue so that no harm would come to the kids. And she spilled the beans before they were in the can, so to speak. Thus I added a Addendum, saying quite a bit as you can see for yourself. Glad that I got that off my chest. I've been working on my stuff since yesterday afternoon and I haven't literally stopped. And plan on working on it for what seems forever. Then I need to write up something about Kelly's supervisor 4 years ago threaten and coerced me and lunged over his desk and yelled that he would have my grandkids in foster care within 1hour, thus I back down from my request. So you kinda have it in a nutshell

I'm here. I'm a family lawyer in Ontario, I do lots of CAS work for parents.

What can I do for you?

And before we begin our dialogue I want to make a couple of things crystal clear:

1. I'm not a site employee. I have nothing to do with how the site works, what you're billed, or what happens between you and customer service. So don't rant at me if you don't like the site. I'm a lawyer of almost 20 years' experience. I'm at home on a Sunday afternoon on my computer, hoping to help people, and earn a few extra dollars in my spare time. I'm not here to get yelled at online by the site's customers who are angry with the CAS. That means no venting at me, and give up using the multiple exclamation marks. It doesn't make what you're writing any more understandable or convince me that you're more serious.

You clearly like to tell others to be professional. You've told the site, and you've told the CAS. I am a professional. Don't give me a hard time or I'll simply opt out and wish you luck. I have the most experience in this field of anyone on the site so be respectful of my time and the experience I bring to bear on the subject.

Is that clear? If you can't do that, I won't waste your time and mine by continuing.

I've dealt with people in your situation many times before. I can help you. But I'm going to tell you things that you don't want to hear. And if you are going to shoot the messenger then I won't bother starting.

2. I'm going to ask you more questions for more information. Please don't use details that can identify you or the children involved. Don't assume that I should already know everything about what's going on. Also, the site is set up like a chat but i'm up and down from my computer doing other things, and looking at other questions too. If I don't reply to you right away, be patient.

3. This site cannot replace legal advice given by retained counsel. I can give recommendations, point out options, explain procedures, but I can't replace a lawyer of your own. It'll do you no good to tell the CAS supervisor, or the judge in Guelph, "An Anonymous lawyer online told me that..."

4. When we're finished our discussion, i'm going to ask you to rate the service positively so that I get paid by the site for my time spent with you online. It's only fair. I'm a lawyer, and if you want my time it'll cost you something. It will cost you a lot less than if you pay a lawyer for an in-office consult, and you're doing it from the comfort of your home too on a Sunday after hours. Don't forget that. Don't give me a negative rating just because you don't like what I'm telling you. I'm not helping you if I'm just telling you what you want to hear.

Obviously, it would be better if you could be at a computer with a keyboard rather than texting long passages with a device. Also, I don't do phone calls so if the site is pushing additional services on you just ignore them.

Let me know when you've read all of this, and whether you're ready to proceed with me.

Ulysses