Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

There is an order in place regarding pick up and drop off,

Customer Question
however we recently received a...
There is an order in place regarding pick up and drop off, however we recently received a letter from the other parents lawyer stating that due to her financial situation and the fact that she does not have a licence she will not comply with the order, leaving us to do all the driving. The letter also said if we do not comply the police will be called and the children will be withheld thereafter until the next court date. What do we do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
9/16/2017
Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire,
 replied 11 months ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire,
 replied 11 months ago

I'm sorry I did not see that this was a Canadian Law issue. I will opt out.

Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

I am sorry for this difficult situation.

I am not yet following the facts.

Are you saying that the order is for shared custody and that this is an order and not an agreement?

And are they saying if you don't bring the kids to the other parent the police will be called? Is this order police enforceable?

And the lawyer is also saying that despite the order the client is going to breach the order and not adhere to it's terms in terms of pick up and drop off and also withhold the kids?

What exactly does the order say in terms of custody?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!