Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

My boyfriend has visitation rights my son lives with me I am

Customer Question
the custodial parent my boyfriend...
My boyfriend has visitation rights my son lives with me I am the custodial parent my boyfriend is trying to alienate my 2. 5 year old son from me. ..it was his birthday today and by court papers he got to spend the day with his father from 8-6....my boyfriend took my son to a psychologist without my consent or without me present.doctors have told me they would only work with me and Tyson if my boyfriend was inched because it goes against protocol for doctors to come to any ideas without both parents present. This is blatant parental alienation should I get a court injunction against him . The judge had already warned him to try to work things out or he the judge would have to make the desicion for him. This is so very disturbing I have tried to get him to go to therapy with us and then he goes to a professional without me .I need advice now....my son just told me this and the father pretended that he spent the day celebrating his birthday
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
He lied to me saying that it's his birthday and he wanted my son to spend it with him. Then he makes an appointment for some kind of assessment without both parents present I will sue the doctor for not following protocol I know what psychologists are suppose to do and this is not it.....im so very very disturbed
9/9/2017
Family Lawyer: ulysses101, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
ulysses101
ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province are you in?

You have custody by a court order? Sole custody?

Why would the father take a 2.5 year old child to a psychologist? What is the problem here, and why does the child need such professional attention?

I am in ontario.....i am the custodial parent joint ...he has access my son is experiencing extreem stress over the last several weeks going on visits to his father my boyfriend has severe personality issues and says I am alienating our son from him I have catalogued in video how he cries and runs away when the doorbell rings.i have tried to reach out and bring us together via many ways but he is refuses to co operate with me but always blames me to all.he says he will get to bottom of it?? I don't know but I know he is inserting things into our son....he is alienating our son from each member in my family and myself I tried to get him involved since day one offered counseling together he refused and he just took him to a doctor under the guise that the wanted him for the father's birthday and then took him to a doctor instead. He did not tell me he did this my son did I asked him if he took our son to a doctor he did not answer back....my son is a very happy go lucky child but this parent is stripping him and he us Just a 2.5 year old a toddler I need to know how to combat this

Let's take a step back. We need to establish more facts rather than focus on your feel about all of this.

You say you are the custodial parent, but then say "joint". Do you have a court order about custody? Or a separation agreement, or domestic contract? What is is that talks about custody and what does it say exactly?

There isn't a final order

Is there a court order at all?

not a final one

So there's a temporary order?

What does it say about custody, exactly?

And do you have a court date coming up?

It is very small only about certain dates within the father gets him on his bday extended to extra day on stat holiday weekends...we were suppose to go back in June but he said he wanted to try to see it out of court but he olny wanted to try to cause more havoc....we have mediated that was terrible I have tried to communicate tried to get him to do family wizard I have tried to bridge the gap even though he has continued to accuse me of things this is difficult

I know that this is emotional and very hard for you, but to help you I need facts.

Can you scan or take a clear picture of the order and send it to me here?

I will after work thank you

Any new information, or court order to show me?

Family Lawyer: ulysses101, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

I hope you've sorted out the access issue. Have you? If not, I'm still here if you want to talk about it.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor