Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

If my wife name is on no bills and no asset or the mortgage…

Customer Question
If my wife name...

If my wife name is ***** ***** bills and no asset or the mortgage what is my responsibility to her for the divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

As like what

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when do i get my answer
8/1/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for the delay. I believe your question had not been posted on the correct list as it just appeared on the Canada law list now.

I need to know many more of the basic facts.

What province is this?

How long were you married for?

Are there adult children who are dependent by reason of full-time attendance at school who live at home?

Do you both have incomes and if so are they equal?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!