Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

My husband(over 70) and I (66)are keeping two grand

Customer Question

My husband(over 70) and I (66)are keeping two grand grandchildren from the birth, who are,boy 9 girl 2.5 years olds,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nunavut, inuit family, we had taken the little girl from the parents because of their continuing drugs and alcohol, they are our first granddaughter's children from different fathers, but grow up together ever since, love and care for each other, we are shared custody with the girl's father and mother, over two years now, the agreement was two weeks at a time, and hier dad have mention, next vist should be a month,which I think is a big jump in short time,we pay her fair over and he pays her fare over from his community her father lives in another community, we are very relaxant to send her in the airplane with total strangers, where she may cry, scream and out burst,and may make the passenger not take her which I have mention to our Lawyer over and over,I just think that she is too young to be traveling,now he's dad is here now to pick her up and said she will be back in two weeks,what do you think? ,
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: how much will this be, I would just like as answer, please
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Do you mean they think a child of 2.5 can travel alone on a plane?

Is there an order or agreement and if so does it give you sole or joint custody?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!