How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just wondering what type of letter to send my

Customer Question

Hi. I was just wondering what type of letter to send my opponents lawyer requesting their consent for an adjournment.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I am in Canada :)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have for the interim order. Now we are going to court for a settlement conference that I would like adjourned so that I am able to again seek proper counsel. I was under the impression that it was more of an open conversation. I am not prepared now that I realize what I should have filed with the courts/.....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just curious as to how to ask my opponent for their permission to adjourn
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

What province are you in please?

Did you ask the lawyer verbally for the adjournment yet?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Family Law Questions