How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in Manitoba. My son has a child and joint custody,

Customer Question

Hi there, we are in Manitoba. My son has a child and joint custody, teen parents. The mother has abandoned the child this 3rd time, leaving her in his care and disappearing, now for 2 wks. The mother's family has told us that she was caught doing cocaine. CFS has not yet called us back to advise. Is there a problem with us keeping the child safe and with her father at this time?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Gimli, actually..100m north of Winnipeg
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have only given verbal messages{voicemail}many times,detailing the situation and whereabouts of the child to CFS, awaiting an Intake worker's call back. They are apparently overtaxed out here.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Is there an order for joint custody or is this by agreement only at this point in time?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Family Law Questions