How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been separated now for 8 years. I live in

Customer Question

I have been separated now for 8 years. I live in Newfoundland ,Canada. She left me and the Two children ages 12 and 17 at the time. She hasn't paid anything towards their upbringing, education, extra curricular activities etc. She hasn't contributed anything on the mortgage or household expenses. Basicly left with no responsibilities. I am now seeking a divorce and am wondering what my financial responsibilities are towards her
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Was there no separation or court order between you?

Do you have a lawyer?

You two were legally married? When?