How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100067
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ely my question is regarding child support. I have an

Customer Question

Hello Ely my question is regarding child support. I have an adopted child who is 11 years old with my ex-wife. The child is with my ex-wife about 70-80 % of the time during a full year. during our divorce, I paid a lump sum of 100k for the care of the child. I currently am married and have 3 young children with my current wife. I earn 95,000 annually before taxes and my ex-wife earns 90,000anually before taxes. I would like to know how much would I need to pay her in child support
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ready
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Toronto Ontario
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Are you just asking about the basic monthly amount you have to pay?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm asking the amount with all of the circumstances and factors involved.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

You have to pay $840 per month for basic child support. The number of children you have with your current wife has no relevance.

The mother's income only factors in for special expenses. These would include child care. For this you each pay about 50% as your income is almost the same. You would really pay a slight bit more than she would.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Regarding the lump sum pay out of 100k which was done through the separation agreement back in 2011
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this taken into consideration??
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

You said this was for child care.

So it would cover the child care payments (your portion) until it is used up.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Family Law Questions