How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I seek to have some legal feedback on writing of materials

Customer Question

I seek to have some legal feedback on writing of materials in Family Law. I am looking to gain insight on how legal personnel, (lawyers, court staff, Judges) read documents, and materials especially affidavits.
My experience has been, some will quickly scan over materials and look for key points and "tone", others will take more time and try to create a Gestalt understanding of the legal picture as it presents.
As the legal system is often times adversarial, it is sometimes a very tricky balance to make objective points in response to allegations, and inaccurate statements against one.
Please give personal view on what has been most effective in terms of writing materials with some bias, and not set an overtone of self interest.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province and what level of court is this at? What are the issues?

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

Do you want to discuss this affidavit issue with me?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No Ulysses,I would prefer another responder.Thank you for your interest.
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

That's fine. I'll opt out as your expert, and your question will go to the open list for the experts.

If you don't get a response soon, don't forget about your deposit (if you made one and you're not on a subscription), you can ask customer service for the deposit back.

Good luck.

Related Canada Family Law Questions