How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99925
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question in regards of child suppport benefit Well

Customer Question

Hello ! My name is ***** ***** I have a question in regards ***** ***** suppport benefit
Well there is a leafy how said that child claiming me that I supposed to pay here chiles benefit !
My lawyer told them that I want to do an DNA test ! And then Went to the lab and did it ! )"however lady for what ever reason did not go and do it ! Now she what to exchange all financial info prepare separation agreement and than want to do a Test ! I do not want to revile any my financial info ! What shall I do to go and do DNA without reviling me financial info !
I do andestand once DNA is complet d I will have to proceed according to the law !
Poeace help me
My phone(###) ###-####
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

There are a lot of typos.

Please take a bit more time and explain what you need to know.

Are you asking about whether you should provide you financial information before getting the paternity test?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
May I call u ?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

You should not provide any financial information before getting the results of the paternity test. If this is a child you never knew existed if the child is not your biological child the matter is at an end so there would be no reason for you to have released your financial information.

Tell them you will provide the information if and only if the test confirms this is your biological child.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well She was saint that was my saying that was my chiled , than after year of chil d was born she wants a chiles benefit !
Than my lawyer told her that I want to do a DNA test and I already went and submit my bio sample ! Now she is saying that I could bribe the lad so results would be altered ! Than she wants me to do bio dumpling in the present of third party !
Than she eats all the financial paper and only than she will discuss DNA testing ! Other wise she will do it thriugh the court !
What shall I do ?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

You should tell her to bring this to court.

The court will order a DNA test be done and there is no reason for the production of the financial information before the test. It is not required.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what about a DNA lab which I already went and paid and submit my bio samples ! And question who is going to pay court fee !
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

When you go to court you can tell the court what you did and what you paid and the court may order that she take the child to that lab.

Generally either the cost needs to be shared or she would have to pay the full amount if it turns out you are not the father.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Family Law Questions