How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100023
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are with the Butterfly Foundation Parental Alienation

Customer Question

We are with the Butterfly Foundation Parental Alienation Support inc. We assist individuals who feel they have been mistreated by the system. Our approach is not to blame, but the support of lawyers and courts. We educate individuals and help them present a case in the best interest of the child using court procedures. My question is an Alberta law question and based on representation. We often represent individuals in matters across Canada who can't afford a lawyer and this particular matter is in a smaller community and involves extreme child abuse from the step mother to child. We assist the mother who lost her son due to a false allegation the father's new partner (Step Mom) presented to CFS After a lie detector test and confession or the step mother all charges were dropped against mother due to stepmoms admission. However, Family courts have not remove the child. There is major confusion difficulty with the professional reports which are making this matter difficult for a Judge to rule in the Provincial court hearing venue. The mother has requested to place us as her representative and has been denied with no reason. We were able to set a trial date and today the mother was told we cannot represent her in Trial. This is the first time I have heard such a thing so my question is. Can a party appoint a person/corporation to represent them in a trial on the provincial level? Also is there a sure fire way of moving this file from province to the court of queen's bench that will force the other parties hand?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

It is excellent to hear that there are support services out there for parents.

But as you are not a lawyer there is no possibility that you can represent someone in court at any level.

Only lawyers (and in some province for some matters paralegals) can represent someone in court.

This mother can self-represent and you can provide emotional support as well as helping her prepare etc but there is no possibility of your representing her in court.

There is also no sure fire way to do anything in court and no grounds for moving this case to the Court of Queen's bench unless the matter is part of a divorce application.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for but you clearly need to know the law and the correct answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Family Law Questions