How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an order for child support that began in February of

Customer Question

I have an order for child support that began in February of 2011 and have been with FMEP since the same time. I've not received more than $2,000 in total since that time and I've never once gotten paid on time. FMEP has used every attachment they have against him and he still has not even contacted them. I'm in extreme financial hardship with my 3 kids and I currently don't have a job. I'm going to end up on the street with these kids and FMEP will still not take him to court. What can I do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He currently owes over $36,000 in arrears and I'm unable to reach him in any way and his parents hide and protect him.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: BC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do u mean "filed or reported"
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Do you know where your ex lives or works?

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your support issue.

Related Canada Family Law Questions