How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100483
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband filed for divorce and since I couldn't afford a

Customer Question

Hi, my husband filed for divorce and since I couldn't afford a lawyer, I didn't go to the hearing. They awarded him the house, full custody of our child and child support. I am currently still living in our house, and have been paying half of bills and child support. We all have plane tickets to NM, my mother stated she doesn't want him here. Our departure is tmr and he tells me that if he can't go, then neither can our daughter. Do I have any rights at all?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Are you saying that your order does not give you the right to remove your daughter from the jurisdiction for a trip?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is vague. It just says he has full custody
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

If he has sole custody he has the right to decide if she can leave the jurisdiction or not.

So if he says you cannot take her on a vacation you cannot do so unless you first get a court order granting you this right.

You can get that on an emergency basis but not in one day unfortunately.

I am very sorry to have to give you this bad news.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Family Law Questions