Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

My son went to court he could not get a legal aid lawyer he

Customer Question
not only lost his kids...
My son went to court he could not get a legal aid lawyer he not only lost his kids who are now being allowed to go live in the U.S.A. with their mother he get the sum of $947.00 A month because he is no only Physically disabled but psychological. they are now telling him he has to send the sum of $346.00 a month to the States for child support could you please advise me of any kind if he we can get him besides at this point going to the news papers.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kelowna British Columbia, Canadaq
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: he has no money he cane barley live as it is.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes her father stepped in talking about all the money he makes in the States and how financially they can help and look after and the kids. and how he makes over $80,000.00 a year and he cam out here4 and hired a lawyer in which my son did not have a chance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Family Law
8/25/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What is your son's gross annual income?

And are you saying his only income is disability benefits?

When the order for support was made what was your son's gross annual income?

When was the order made?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
His gross income is about $10,000.00 the Judge told him to go out and make 21,000.00 more, to most who have heard this not only thinks this is ridiculous but a little funny how can a person in his state live on $400.00. a month My next step for him we have heard is to contact the news papers some times the can do something with a farce like this. Must go have a Dr App. I guess thete is not much you can help me with either.

I can help but I didn't get all the answers yet.

Please answer the ones you missed:

When was the order made?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
his only income is disability the ministry told him today they can take his money he just can't seem to get a legal aid or any kind of. council in this Province any where.Can't stay on here and ring up a big visa bill I am a senior on pension. Thanks anyway must g

There is no additional cost for going up and back with me. I am a senior family lawyer and want to gather all the information and when I get it I will provide an answer and then you can ask follow-up questions but you still didn't answer all my question.

When the order for support was made what was your son's gross annual income? Was is the $10,000 then.

When was the order made?

Now I also have other questions. Why can't he get a legal aid lawyer? Did he apply for a legal aid certificate?

And how many children does he have?

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor