How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101443
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband cheated on me. He got pregnant his mistress..

Customer Question

My husband cheated on me. He got pregnant his mistress..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer!

I am sorry that you were cheated on. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can i sue to them??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is my legal rights???
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.

Kindly provide proper foundation to your questions?

Sue them for what?

Rights regarding to what?

What State are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sue for them for what they i tell you my husband cheated..if i file a case what can i do...what grounds???what is my rights??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Edmonton canada
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

I am in the U.S.. So, I need to move the post to Canada Law Category.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am a lawyer in Canada.

Are you asking about divorcing your husband?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yah. And file a case with them. And her mistress as well. Are they going to defforted if ever?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You can sue your spouse for a divorce and for a division of family assets and for support if you earn less income than your spouse.

But you cannot sue him otherwise.

And you cannot sue his mistress. In Canada that is not possible.

I don't know if you are asking if they will be deported but it is not grounds for deportation because they had an affair.

Adultery is a ground for a divorce but it is not illegal.

I am sorry this happened to you and sorry you were hoping for a different answer but I am a senior family lawyer and my answer is 100% accurate.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even they cause a lot of pain, stress, depression and my life miserable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because we are not pure canadian.we just receive our pr papers here in canada..
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You cannot sue for the pain, stress, depression etc. That is not possible in Canada.

There are no grounds for your spouse to be deported as you didn't sponsor him.

I am sorry but that is how the law works.

You should be retaining a family lawyer to deal with the issues relating to the asset and possibly spousal support.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?