Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I live in quebec and my husband is in ontario we were both

Customer Question

I live in quebec and my husband is in ontario we were both living in ontario and married for 18 years until divorced he pays alimony but is retiring soon he wants to stop alimony does he have grounds the verdict had no time we have been divorced now for 7 years
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: canada ontario
JA: Are we your first resource? And has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have been supporting the children who have been over 18 years of age and in school full time because they didn<t want to burden their father could that come in my favor when asking for longer alimony I have been using my divorce money
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.Did the divorce judgement talk about variations and review of the support order?Did the divorce judgement to talk about what would be a material change in circumstances?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing was talked about just a judgement with no time limit he will be 55 at retirement he can stay if he wants but does not want to says he is tired of shift work material change was not discussed and variations and review was not mentioned on my papers just that he had to pay alimony
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

How long were you married for?