How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100394
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I renounced my right to partition of government pension

Customer Question

I renounced my right to partition of government pension credits in my divorce settlement in Quebec. Is there a legal way to reverse that. I am not getting enough money to live on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about CPP retirement pension?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. About the Quebec pension plan in particular, but yes to the Cpp as well.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, in Quebec, if there is an agreement that provides that the former spouses will not split their CPP credits then CPP will honour this agreement. The same holds true for your QPP pension.

So the agreement does prevent you from sharing in the pension now.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Related Canada Family Law Questions