How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100057
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband just started a company with a partner but now the

Customer Question

My husband just started a company with a partner but now the partner wants me to sign a separation so that I can't touch her part of the company. My husband has 51% and she has 49%. Is this right or is there some kind of altered motive behind getting me to sign this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

That is not right as it does not at all reflect the law.

You can never get a portion of the business.

If you and your spouse separate he would owe you a share in the value of the business but not the actual business.

You should certainly not sign as she has no right to dictate what you and your spouse do.

Does that answer the question?

Related Canada Family Law Questions