How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101023
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had been paying spousal support than 3 years, the court

Customer Question

I had been paying spousal support for more than 3 years, the court order stated that they will review after 3 years I've been waiting for the review but untill now I was not in formed about this, supposedly the review waS last July 2015.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

There is no one to start the review for you. You have to start the review process as your former spouse likely wants to keep things as they are. The Court doesn't do anything for you.

So you have to bring an application to the court to review the support based on the order that says the review can happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meaning I have to file/varied spuosal support
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Yes, exactly.