How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Been separated years. Divorce is on paper. He isn't getting

Customer Question

Been separated for 5 years. Divorce is on paper. He isn't getting a lawyer. It states in my divorce an amount to pay each month for alimony and child support. He has honored this mostly. A few months last year he didn't. And to date he is three months behind. He is trying to cut amount in half. Hard part is, he lives over seas. Is there anything I can do to make him pay original amount.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is the support amount ordered in the divorce judgment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no judgement yet. He won't get lawyer.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am not clear of the facts then.

What do you mean when you say that the divorce is on paper?

And, what you do you mean when you say it states in you divorce?

Do you mean you've applied for the divorce?

If so has he replied to your application?