How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a woman legally divorced with a signed separation

Customer Question

I am a woman legally divorced with a signed separation agreement. I am getting spousal support. We were married in Ontario, married for 26 years, separated and divorced in Ontario. I went back to school at age 50 in Ontario but now I am planning to attend the University of Victoria in BC and planning to move there (I am still single and receive no other income). Am I still protected legally to receive spousal support and is my Ex-husband still legally bound to pay me Spousal Support even though I'm living in another province?
Thank you for your help, Brenda Deaves
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Where you live has no relevance.Your agreement is a binding contract and covers you no matter where you live. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.