How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Common law wife now addicted to cocaine and oxycodone. we have

Customer Question

common law wife now addicted to cocaine and oxycodone. we have 2 children under 6 . Have tried to get her in treatment but has now after all the tests refused to go. I am missing so much work because I can't get children to daycare before 730 and I need to leave home by 6 am. Finances are BAD due to her expenses. In laws are helping with daycare expenses but they work too. She is using the boys gov. allowance as her expense account as well as her unemployment money. She has lost her job as a result of drug use. I don't want to kick her out but what are my options? She has now been in an accident and totalled her vehicle so I am left as the only vehicle for our use.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. When you say, "what are my options", I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you talking about getting a divorce or something else? Thanks, Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In a common law relationship do we need a divorce? I am done but I just can't pull the plug and kick her out. She will be homeless after all. Can I get full custody of our boys and what about her getting the gov. money taken from her if I have the boys?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
This question has just been moved to the Canada law list and I am happy to help. Can you first let me know what province you live in please?Also whose names are ***** ***** to the house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we live in bc. The names are ***** ***** wilder and terra r Lacasse
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure I understand, those are your names and hers?So she is on title?If you separate would she want custody?Has she been violent towards you or the children at all?

Related Canada Family Law Questions