How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I require professional representation in court spousal

Customer Question

I require professional representation in court for a spousal support variance that I applied for. I am unemployed and don't qualify for legal aid. I have been paying spousal support of $1500 monthly for the past 12 years after a 20 year marriage. Currently behind by three months payment. My application to the court is to terminate the payment. I am 61 years old and applied for early government pension last month. I made a court appearance
on Monday. The court reviewed my application and adjourned to May 9th. My ex has worked for Telus during the marriage and still employed as far as I know. She has had some health issues (hip or knee replacement).
MEP has started to take action against me for non payment. Any advice would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I can answer your questions by providing you with legal information. But I cannot represent you in court. Do you want my help?