How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101388
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Separation agreement is filed and been served Live in the

Customer Question

Separation agreement is filed and been served
Live in the same house,separate levels
Agreed to pay mortgage until he moves out (end of April)agreed
Renaged on 2 payments of mortgage
Agreed to forfeit benefit of sale of house as long as she pays all bills(mortgage,comunial debt)
They pay their own individual debt
Willing to sign paper to this
Limited funds available
How do I go about letter....witnessed by who
Advice please.I amjust above the level for legal aid
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking about doing another agreement that deals with this limited issue only?He is agreeable but you just want to make sure you get this right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think an attachment to the original agreement, as the sep. Agreement is registered with the courts ...I do not wish him to come after me for money after I sell the house ,after selling I will have limited funds after paying the bills . do you thinks letter would've suffice? Signed by whoever I need to sign it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He didsay he would sign it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know if an agreement can be written up ..stating if I incite all debt ..he doesn't benefit or get any profits from the sale of the house . He hasn't paid anything g towards loan in over 6 months no childcare or. Perscriptions for 2 kids .minimal groceries .again against agreement already filed in courts
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can call the agreement a supplementary agreement to the Separation Agreement dated..... Then say the Separation Agreement is still in full force and effect and this just adds to it. Then set out the agreement. Have it dated, and signed with two witnesses who witness the signatures. That should work for this limited issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I guess to answer your guestion, i want it done right ... is yes
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further clarification or do you feel my answer is all you need?