How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My common-law spouse of 15 years (we have two children

Customer Question

Hi, my common-law spouse of 15 years (we have two children together all living together currently). She wants me to move out immediately. If I do will this be abandonment or will there be any repercussions? Please help, she is being horrible and the kids are suffering.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for the question.Firstly, the Law Society doesn't normally act on such matters. They'll tell you to either contact a lawyer near you or the Children's Aid Society if you believe that the children are at risk. Why does she want you out?Do you own or rent your home? Who is on the lease / on title?