Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

We ex spouse and are looking to amend our separation

Customer Question
agreement, specifically the amount of...
We ex spouse and are looking to amend our separation agreement, specifically the amount of spousal and child support being paid due to the fact that one of my children is now living with me. We have both agreed on the change, we are going to write our own amendment and sign. Do we also have to file with the court?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Family Law
3/31/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Is the support being enforced through provincial maintenance enforcement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it is not

Then there is no present need to register this agreement with the court.

If there is ever a dispute then you would you would then registered with the courthouse.

For now, let me know if you need any further clarification.

Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer