How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99963
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We ex spouse and are looking to amend our separation

Customer Question

We ex spouse and are looking to amend our separation agreement, specifically the amount of spousal and child support being paid due to the fact that one of my children is now living with me. We have both agreed on the change, we are going to write our own amendment and sign. Do we also have to file with the court?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is the support being enforced through provincial maintenance enforcement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is not
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Then there is no present need to register this agreement with the court.

If there is ever a dispute then you would you would then registered with the courthouse.

For now, let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Family Law Questions