How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101048
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex girlfriend and I purchased a home approximately 6

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend and I purchased a home approximately 6 years ago. When we separated, I left my name on the house because she could not qualify to purchase another home or take over the mortgage of our current home.
I am beginning a new life and have asked her to see if she can qualify to take over the mortgage and she stated that she cannot and refuses to sell. The mortgage comes due in May.
Do I have any options here or am I forced to resign the mortgage with her in May?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You can tell her that you will not sign to refinance in May and so she had better find a guarantor or else list the property for sale as she will be stuck and facing foreclosure otherwise.

I know that sounds like a rather short answer but the situation is clear and simple here.

However, please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further clarification.