How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an court appointed public guardian and trustee lawyer

Customer Question

I have an court appointed public guardian and trustee lawyer and i wish to fire her. Is this possible for me to do. She is trying to withhold money that is sitting at a lawyer's office in Port Hope by the name of ***** *****. Bruce has already put $6500,00 into my bank account twice. Once for $5000.00 and the other time for $1500.00 to allow me to purchase a couch for my son to sleep on while he visits me during the March Break. I wanted some money so that I could do something with my son over the March Break. i had to actually to to Moneymart on Monday afternoon to get a loan to put money in my bank account as to pay for my rent for March and some other small payments life insurance, credit company. resp for my son and monthly banking fees. I think this is all that I need to provide you with for you to understand my circumstances.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

Why is the PGT office involved in your situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oshawa, Ontario
They were court appointed when I was at Ontario shores in Whitby. I did not have a lawyer when I went in there . I was found not criminally responsible for a charge of harassment by my soon to be ex husband. I am not sure if the Ontario Review Board had them appointed to me or the family court judge did in Cobourg. Ontario Shores is a psychiatric hospital and I should have never been there in the first place. My husband lied to the cops about everything and even lied in court when we went before a judge in Brighton the judge was Lisa Cameron.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You cannot fire her as you did not hire her.

She is appointed and so you need to get a court order either declaring that you are no longer incompetent and are able to manage your own affairs or else requiring the PGT to provide you with another lawyer.

Your next step should be to contact ARCH Disability Law Centre and ask for some advice and how to find a lawyer to assist you.