Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My divorce was finalized in Quebec in 2010..The divorce

Customer Question
papers are wrong and neither...
My divorce was finalized in Quebec in 2010..The divorce papers are wrong and neither of us appealed.It states that he is responsible for house payments and up-keep..I have a mortgage on the home and have been paying it..Now here's the problem..When we were splitting assets and debts back in 2010 the existing mortgage was not taken into account so it was worked out that I would owe him $35000. within 6 years..I paid 10,000 at time of divorce which leaves 25000 remaining to be paid..I did not realize at the time of splitting assets/debts this error occured although I'm sure he did..Do I have any recourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
2/22/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Are you saying that there was an agreement or that the court made this decision?