How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce was finalized in Quebec in 2010..The divorce

Customer Question

My divorce was finalized in Quebec in 2010..The divorce papers are wrong and neither of us appealed.It states that he is responsible for house payments and up-keep..I have a mortgage on the home and have been paying it..Now here's the problem..When we were splitting assets and debts back in 2010 the existing mortgage was not taken into account so it was worked out that I would owe him $35000. within 6 years..I paid 10,000 at time of divorce which leaves 25000 remaining to be paid..I did not realize at the time of splitting assets/debts this error occured although I'm sure he did..Do I have any recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that there was an agreement or that the court made this decision?