How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was living common law in my house in my name. She walked

Customer Question

I was living common law in my house in my name. She walked out on me. I didn't kick her out. If I sell we split don't mind that. But I wanna keep the house investment. My question is let's say I meet someone else and move her in . Can she force me to sell the house at any time
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Did she contribute to the value of the home in anyway? For example did she pay mortgage payments greater than she would have paid for rent? Did she pay for a renovation?