Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

Paternal Quebec grandma who only speaks French contacted me…

Customer Question
Paternal Quebec grandma who only...
Paternal Quebec grandma who only speaks French contacted me asking for pictures and address to send gifts she hasn't seen since 2011but asks for pictures yearly . Her son does not see Child and not sure if she knows or knows he doesn't pay child support. I want to tell her everything that her son hasn't done but could this look bad on me iF I am taken to court? Father hasn't contacted child since 2012 and that was sporadically or seen since 2011 . Thoughts ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Her grandchild she is accessing is autistic spectrum and I have been granted full custody this year
2/21/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Are you saying you simply want to tell her the truth?

Who would be taking you to court, do you feel?

His father , but then again he didn't respond to my serving him with parenting order or child support order

The father cannot do a thing successfully in court if you speak the truth.

He could only sue you for defamation if you tell lies about him that you held out as the truth and harm his reputation.

So just be sure to be completely accurate.

Does that answer your question? If not just reply back and let me know what more information you need and I will happily provide it.