How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2 year old son and I am separated from s father -

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old son and I am separated from his father - with no intention of getting back together. I also have a parenting court order as well as child support court order.
His access is every other weekend which the father is very inconsistent with. He hasn't seen his son since the second weekend in November 2015. The father has since moved from his residence and moved in with a new girlfriend.
The parenting order is very specific in that he is to parent at a certain address (Not the new girlfriends) He no longer lives at the specified address.
Since September 2015, I have received threats from his girlfriend to stay off her property and that she would serve me with a court order to stay off her property, I am unable to see her house to ensure it is ok for my son such as proper sleeping arrangements etc. The threats stemmed from me telling the father that I do not want my son travelling in her car because she smokes in her car with her children's car seats in the car. I had let Oliver go to the new girlfriends twice - both times came home smelling like smoke with no explanation from his father. My son was also made to sleep on a futon - not a proper bed in my opinion. At what point can I get sole custody? The father clearly does not want to make an effort - and I have given his many alternatives to see his son -
he is behind over $3000 in support which I know that is not cause for him to not see his son. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you actually asking about sole custody or are you asking about restricting access?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I just answered you on your other post. I not sure why you think I am in the US. I am a senior family lawyer in Canada. Please go ahead.

Related Canada Family Law Questions