How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99962
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father appointed my sister and me with an equal 50/50

Customer Question

My father appointed my sister and me with an equal 50/50 share for his power of attorney for finance.
Would I need to be notified or have to sign off on a document if he later changed the POA, thereby giving my sister 100% of this POA? I believe he was of sound mind at that time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You should be provided a notice about this. There is no formal notice but your father certainly should tell you if he revokes the POA and does a new one because otherwise you would have no way of knowing and may act under the POA if necessary.

You do not have to sign off on it as this is something that is entirely up to your father.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Family Law Questions