Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

When traveling on a trip within Canada with my daughter do I…

Customer Question
HelloWhen traveling on a trip...
HelloWhen traveling on a trip within Canada with my daughter do I need a letter from her father giving permission ? We do not have a custody agreement and it's on my scheduled days with her. We will be traveling from Alberta to ontario on a family trip.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

No. The letter for permission to travel is what is required by the officers at the border to prove that this is not a parental abduction. So no letter is required when you are not leaving the country.

The only time that you would need such a letter when travelling within the country is where an agreement or order specifically requires that.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer