Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

When traveling on a trip within Canada with my daughter do I

Customer Question

HelloWhen traveling on a trip within Canada with my daughter do I need a letter from her father giving permission ? We do not have a custody agreement and it's on my scheduled days with her. We will be traveling from Alberta to ontario on a family trip.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No. The letter for permission to travel is what is required by the officers at the border to prove that this is not a parental abduction. So no letter is required when you are not leaving the country.

The only time that you would need such a letter when travelling within the country is where an agreement or order specifically requires that.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.