How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99931
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When traveling on a trip within Canada with my daughter do I

Customer Question

HelloWhen traveling on a trip within Canada with my daughter do I need a letter from her father giving permission ? We do not have a custody agreement and it's on my scheduled days with her. We will be traveling from Alberta to ontario on a family trip.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No. The letter for permission to travel is what is required by the officers at the border to prove that this is not a parental abduction. So no letter is required when you are not leaving the country.

The only time that you would need such a letter when travelling within the country is where an agreement or order specifically requires that.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Family Law Questions