Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

What would the child support be with joint custody Income of

Customer Question

What would the child support be with joint custody Income of 150.000
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In what state? What is the combined monthly income, which is how the child support tables are set up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There mothers income be for taxes is 35,000
My income be for taxes is 150,000
We have joint custody The children stay with me half of the time.
I live on an 80 acre parcell The two girls are. 16 years and 17 years of age. On the land where I live the girls have horses that they ride and also buy young horses and break them.
They also have 4x4 quads and a snow machine That I keep up for them. I had just replaced the quad and snow machine with new ones. This are things that the girls had always had in there life growing up the same as the older children that we have the older children are older and moved out. But they to always come out to the farm and still enjoy the horses and machines
I don't make any income off the land. I just put lots of my income into the farm to keep up with there way of life. I don't even own a horse. But I keep up with all the fences for the girls horses and buy hay for feed for winter feeding. Etc. and also beak some of the ground up at times for newer and better pasture. So I do put a lot of my income into this activitys that the girls have always been used to
So what I am worried about is when the child support is a high cost to me. To send to there mother, that the girls are going to lose this way of life And what is sent to there mother she lives in town, and I now that not much of this support is going to go to the girls activities
And also I live in Alberta canada
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I asked about monthly income you provided me annual income again. I also asked what state the support case is being heard in because every state has different support guidelines (we need to know where the case is in order to refer you to a calculator for you to input the information and get your approximate support).
The court also does not care in a support case about anything but gross monthly income and all of those other things are not considered in determining support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I am self employed, and my income is not always a guaranty it is based on how the economy is doing. The case is in Alberta canada.
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I will move this to Canada law for a Canadian expert to assist you. Please be patient and one will reply to you.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you simply asking what the basic monthly child support should be for the two children who live with you each half the time based on your incomes that you provided?

I am not sure if that is the question because of all the other information you provided as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just child support with shared custody My income before tax 150,000
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

The way this works is that you take what you would pay the mother if she had the two children full-time and from that subtract what the mother would pay you if you had the children full time.

So the calculation is $2099 - $494 = $1605.

Does that fully answer you question?