How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99929
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter's husband has announced he is leaving but won't

Customer Question

My daughter's husband has announced he is leaving but won't go for a few days and is doing damage in the house. What legal recourse does she have to get him out now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province are they in?

The are legally married?

Who is on title to the home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are in BC, legally married and live in a housing co-op
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm not certain about when the "matrimonial home" is a housing co-op. I'm going to opt out of this question, and another expert should pick it up. Please be patient.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

When the matrimonial home is in a housing cooperative it is the same as if there was a lease. That means both spouses have an equal right to possess the home. At the same time, no spouse has the right to damage the home and it would make sense for your daughter to call the police.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Related Canada Family Law Questions