Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My daughter lost her interim motion to be able to take her…

Customer Question
My daughter lost her interim...
My daughter lost her interim motion to be able to take her kids to killarney mb where she moved. The ex lives in treherne mb. My daughter is a nurse and has shift work. The judge ruled that the 50% shared custody must stay in effect until the trial. First question is, is there an appeal that she could do and secondly what are her chances of winning a trial when she lost her interim motion.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
1/21/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

She can appeal but it will be very difficult and expensive. She will not likely succeed in the appeal without a lawyer. This becomes complex as she needs to find an error in law or she cannot succeed in the appeal.

Whether she will win at trial or not is not certain but given that she didn't succeed now and given that the status quo will have to remain until trial her chances are not great.

She has to show that moving the children away from their other parent is in their best interests and given that the share custody that will be exceedingly hard to do, especially as time goes on, unfortunately.