Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I'm a PSW single woman, my ex husband is an engineer brings…

Customer Question
Hi I'm Katrina I'm a...
Hi I'm Katrina I'm a PSW single woman, my ex husband is an engineer brings in $1800.00 bi-weekly net,and his live in gf runs a home daycare out of their home. I bring in $2000.00 a month net, last year my notice of assessment stated that I made $44185.00 and according to a table on the Ontario gc website I'm suppose to pay $650.00 a month in child support the two children primarily reside with him I get my children every other weekend. Does his income not come into play here? How am I suppose to live off $1350 a month?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Family Law
1/19/2016
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Is there an order or agreement in place about support? If so, what does it say about spousal support?

How long were you married for and did you live together first and if so for how long?

I was married for 3 years together for 8 we have 2 children there is divorce papers that say I pay then table amount
I have my 2 children every other weekend?

Is there nothing about spousal support in the divorce judgment? When did you separate?

Separated 5 years ago no spou spousal support either way, no child support then either divorced last April

His income doesn't come into play unless you want to make a claim for undue hardship.

If you are saying that it is exceedingly difficult for you to pay the table amount of support then you can bring an application to the court to vary what you have to pay based on the fact that the amount is causing you do suffer undue hardship.

Then the court would compare his standard of living to yours and then even his spouse's income would be considered.

So it sounds like this should be your next step.

Thank you that's what I googled into thank you very much for your help

You are very welcome.

I hope this works out.

Legal Ease
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer