How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Barrister and Solicitor Retired cop Crisis Negotiator Drug Expert
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family live with me here in uae. We are syrian and now

Customer Question

Hello. My family live with me here in uae. We are syrian and now they should leave to syria again within 2 months. There is any way to apply for them as refugee to move to canda. Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Just so I understand, you live in the United Arab Emirates and your family lives there as well. Your family is returning to Syria in 2 months. You want to know if they can apply for refugee status in Canada? So you are asking just about them?

What is their status in the UAE at present?

Do you want to claim refugee status before they have to return to Syria?

Have you spoken to anyone at the Canadian Embassy there in the UAE?

Are there identifiable and verifiable risks to your family that you can demonstrate to Canadian authorities if they return to Syria?

I look forward to hearing from you


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have resident visa here. Im fine.
But for my parents its visit visa and they refused to renew it. They will force them to go to syria again. I didnt spoke to anyone yet. And yes i wana cliam the refugee status before they go back to syria again.
They will be in risk there because they are alone there. And no place to stay at.
Many thanks
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Since your parents are outside of Canada and are also outside of their home country and could be at risk if they return, they can make application to come to Canada under the Canadian Resettlement program.

Information on this program can be found here

To obtain refugee status under this program, there must be sponsorship by a sponsor group or a program like the United Nations refugee Convention. An online search will reveal various private groups throughout Canada, in different areas who are willing to sponsor refugees of this class. For example, here is one group involved in arranging sponsorship.

Other private groups are all over and have risen up out of church groups or other organizations. Again, a Google search of "Private Sponsorship for Refugees" will give you so much information.

Alternatively, an application can be made to the United Nations refugee convention for sponsorship, but this may take longer than a private sponsorship. The UN site is here

I sincerely ***** ***** and your family the best of luck with this matter and I hope that your family remains safe.

Should you require anything else, please let me know.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.


Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you require anything else or if you are satisfied with the information that I have provided.

Also, please provide me with a positive rating.


Related Canada Family Law Questions