How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100428
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do if my ex-spouse is transfers our child to a

Customer Question

What do I do if my ex-spouse is transfers our child to a different school without my consent?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is there an order or agreement with respect to custody and access and if so what does it provide?

What province is this please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is ON.
I have full custody and kid is already 17 years and residing at fathers place last 5 year.
Now we having case conferences because of retroactive child support ongoing ...father is applicant
and suddenly he transferred kid no informing me...and in school he provid wrong info about mother's name- another person...
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean that there is still an order giving you sole custody but the child has still been living with the father for the past five years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did not changed yet, but even if father has full custody- should he inform me before or when he is changing school ?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If the father has sole custody then the father has the sole right to make decisions about the child's education.

The father should inform you where the school is and you have access to all of the educational information the same way the father would have but he does not have to inform you before making a decision if he has sole custody.

Related Canada Family Law Questions