How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a mother of four employed full time and been in an

Customer Question

I am a mother of four employed full time and been in an emotional and mental abusive relationship. My spouse is an alcoholic and has recently been laid off. i want to proceed with divorce. What are my rights? Will I end up paying spousal and child support and losing custody of my kids because I'm employed and have an income and he's now unemployed with lots of time to take care of kids?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?

How old are the children?

Who has been the primary caregiver for the children?

Is his alcoholism known to others?

How long were you married for?

Related Canada Family Law Questions