How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister and her husband farm with s brother Marty. The

Customer Question

My sister and her husband farm with his brother Marty. The farm is a corporation, but the brother was married and for the last four years has been working to finalize a divorce. Marty passed away suddenly, and within hours of being told about it the ex wife has said she is coming out to lock everything up and freeze bank accounts because everything is now legally hers. I have two questions,
1. Can My brother in law file some kind of court action to keep her off the land and out of Marty's house until everything is settled with burying him?
2. If Marty has been trying to settle a diviorce for 3 years, but she just wouldn't sign anything, does she still have claim to Marty's estate?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

Related Canada Family Law Questions