How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just served with divorce papers by my ex. we had a

Customer Question

I was just served with divorce papers by my ex. we had a separation agreement that still had numerous issues that my lawyer told me we could deal with at another time. the agreement that he just sent me is not the same one I recall. the pages are not numbered and signature is missing from the final page. my lawyer lost her license to practice last month and I cannot locate my original from her. and she insisted we could deal with education and spousal and pension matters at a later date and now I am told no. that I should have had all this included in my agreement that there are no second chances. in this agreement is shows that I wanted no spousal. he makes over 100000 a year plus and I make about 20000. we have a daughter and he is not helping with he post seconday and his child support is 800. he hasn't signed his pension portion that I should be entitled to yet and wants to get married asap. I don't care about that but need a lawyer because I was ill advised by a lawyer who has now finally lost her licence. what can I do. I live in Sudbury Ontario and need a very competent lawyer. he has gerome gardner and I had Helen florentis
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need assistance in the matter asap
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Did your lawyer practice at a lot of them with other lawyers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Practice at alot of them? Menacing was she experienced? Yes very but had problems in her past five or so years with many incidents reported against her. But she is not my issue. The separation agreement was in adequate and I was not properly advised and the matters havemt been dealt with and o r need to have it fixed or remedies amd need to know what my options are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not worried about suing her. She is in a heap of trouble and my time is precious I need to protect myself And my daughter from financial hardship as the so called agreement I thought I had was not anywhere near complete
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry. Spell check did something weird.

I was actually trying to ask if the lawyer practiced in a firm with other lawyers before she was delicenced.

Related Canada Family Law Questions