How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 100946
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I bought a house and he paid cash. I signed

Customer Question

Hello. My boyfriend and I bought a house and he paid cash for it. I signed all the paperwork as a co owner and now after one month, we broke up. Am I entitled to any money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No you would not be entitled to any money.

You didn't contribute to the value of the home in any way so the court would say that you were just holding title in trust for him.

I am sorry about that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I wasn't sure
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

I hope things work out for you soon.