How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  25 years in practice.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are separated but living in the same house. We

Customer Question

My wife and I are separated but living in the same house. We both agree to be separated, we sleep in different rooms, don't eat or do anything together. I pay rent and provide groceries. I make $55k per year, she just started a new job, and wants to move out when she can afford it. She thinks she entitled to half of all the money I make. What are my actual obligations to her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

How long were you married for?

Did you live together and if so for how long?