How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 99930
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a father who is seeking help have teh right to keep s

Customer Question

Does a father who is seeking help for alcolhol have teh right to keep his kids when family services wants to take them because he is sometimes arguing not at them but infront of them
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

It is excellent that the father is seeking help.

The children will not be apprehended unless it is believed that the children are in need of protection. So if it looks like there is some sort of abuse or neglect going on it may be possible that family services will remove the children from the home.

There are other alternatives. For example they may want to supervise the father with the children so that they have regular visits with the father but don't take the children from the home but rather offer support for the father while the children are in the home.

But when you talk about rights it is not at all about the rights of the father. It is always about the rights of the children and the father should know that family services has immense power and it is best for the father to cooperate with them as best he can and as well as to immediately obtain his own lawyer.

When he speaks to family services he should never talk about his rights but rather but the best interest of the children. So for example it is his believe that his children's best interest dictate that they remain living with him. He does not say it is his right to have his children because it is not actually.

Fo you see what I mean?

Related Canada Family Law Questions