How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ulysses101 Your Own Question
ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3531
Experience:  Over 10 years litigation experience in family, criminal, and civil law
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Alberta, Canada, and The statement of claim was

Customer Question

I live in Alberta, Canada, and The statement of claim for divorce was filed in court in April 2015, does this mean that if there is no action taken, the divorce will be granted a year from now? My lawyer needs more money and I am not responding to her
as I am looking for more evidence on hidden accounts. Because I did not provide more funds to my lawyer can I assume that I put my divorce on hold for now? From the law point of view, can I delay my divorce and for how long can I delay it? Do I need to communicate
with my lawyer all the time and can I be silent for now, because I can't pay the extra $2,500. till I have more evidence (she is asking for more evidence).
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 2 years ago.

Hello, thank you for the question?

Who filed the Divorce Application? Was it you or your husband?

If it was you, what did you ask for in the Application, what does your husband seek in his Answer?

If it was his Application, what does it seek and what did you ask for in your Answer?

Do you have any court dates coming up? Perhaps a motion for a temporary order?

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry if I replied with a bunch of questions of my own, but if I'm to make any recommendations about how you should consider handling this matter, I need to know more about the case itself.

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you wish to discuss your matter. If it has been resolved, don't forget about your deposit to the site. If you're on a subscription, ask the site to close the thread and not count it as a question which should to towards your limit.